Sunday, December 21, 2008

Time Flies

Where has this week gone; I can't even remember what i did, friday we had our homeschool christmas party, it was a blizzard outside that night let me tell ya! every one had to bring a soup and salad or rolls and a desert, i brought rolls and a desert, can't beat that i wasn't in a baking mood.

Monday we start watching Adyison full time now from 8-5 now her mother has gotten another job so i said sure, what was i thinking! this is the same little girl that i wqas watching before ,but only half days.

Today is a good day so far, this morning service was pretty good, He read the CHRISTmas story, and tonight the kids are going to do something, it is good for the kids to get involved, and they love to sing let me tell ya, if we can just belike them so sincere before the lord it is great, My heart lately has been to teach Hannah the real meaning of christmas and not on material things, but on what the Lord has done for us,I want her to know that the Lord came and took the sins of the world so that she could be saved, so that she could be free from the world and it's sinful pleasures I want her heart to be pure before the Lord at all times. this world is getting so sinful and I want her make the right choices. I talk like she is an adult,but she acts like one even though she is only 10 she is getting to mature for me to realize that one day she is going to be a teenager before i know it, and i don't want her entangled, that is why it is so important to teach them when they are young, and she so loves the lord with all her heart, well enough of my ramblings. I hope and pray that everyone has a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Tammy K. said...

amen sister, I don't think kids are ever to young to learn new things about the Lord. Get it instilled in her now and when she is a teemager she will always remember. I hope you guys have a great Christmas.

Vicki Smith said...

I'm so thankful for your heart's desire to train up a godly young woman to be fully surrendered to the Lord. Your post was a real blessing to me. As a parent, our first and foremost desire should be that our children walk in truth and be unspotted by the world of sin. If our children see that their parents are REAL and truly desire to please God in all their ways, the children will desire to have those same attributes. God bless you as you live the life before Hannah and raise her in the ways of the Lord. And no, she's not too young to speak to as an adult.

EmileeAnn said...

Wow, Janis....you've got me in tears. I, too, am thankful for your heart's desire to teach Hannah to be a godly woman. You are such a blessing to me!

Merry Christmas!! Love you guys!